a thread by @waronweakness
make sure to follow him
1. Make a to-do list BEFORE you go to bed
Prepping a list in advance will slash your procrastination by half as you won't wake up asking "what should I do?"
- Keep it at 6 quality tasks max.
- No need to overcomplicate with apps.
- Write it down on paper.
2. Work on 1 thing at a time
- Multitasking is great if you like to feel like you are getting things done vs actually getting things done
- Complete 1 item, cross it off your list from, then move onto the next task
- Listen to classical music if you want to get in the zone
3. Order your task list from hardest to easiest
- Soon as your morning routine is done, start working on your list
- Do the hardest task, then move onto the next
- Do this step right and you'll have accomplished more by midday than most people achieve in one week
4. Time yourself
If you give yourself 1 week to write an article, it will take you one week.
If you give yourself 1 hour to write an article, it will take you one hour.
If you want to get things done faster, light that fire under your ass with time limits